Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Do you like your job?

Happened that i've started to discuss this questions w/ a couple friends of mine, so let's do a survey - do you like your job? and why?

===
Answers (yes / no... reason)

1. not really... my job isn't that bad, but haven't found a better one
2. no... b/c i can't foresee any long term goal/growth, and the company doesn't have any system to follow
3. not really... just feeling tired and wanted to retire
4. yes and no... like to learn new things, can MSN, but don't like repeat monotone work, underpaid
5. no... it sucks
.
.
.

whoever reading out there - build your answer in the comment la :P

3 comments:

JC said...

YES
I like my coworkers and my bosses. Being in a small company allows me the flexibility to do and learn things that I wouldn't be able to in a big company. The motivation I have is that hopefully one day I can own part of the company.
So far projects have been very challenging. Of all the new projects, none of which I have any previous experience. Everything seems to be new to me. The bad thing is that I am anxious all the time... worrying about doing the wrong things. But challenges are good. And I have a few mentors whom I can rely on.

WittyBB said...

for me, my current company is the first and only one company i have worked with as a fulltime employee. i think this type of questions come to our mind once, or twice, or even more frequently - as someone been in the 'employee' position longer and longer. as JC said, one day he hopes to own part of the company. if and when he get his 'goal'. what's next?
i think my answer is "yes" as well. but being in a big corporate, you get to work with other groups, worked for different managers (with different managerial style). also, you may get more opportunity to know the product development cycles, product release, contract negotiation, pricing, service delivery, service assurance, billing, and other customer care aspects. so far, i have learned a lot (measurable and non-measurable experience) being in the company. however, every move in your career could be a good move as long as you take advantage of the new role.

CPMF14 said...

1. I love my job because I get to learn the new stuff almost everyday.

2. I hate my job because I need to learn the new stuff almost everyday.

3. It doesn't matter where I go - reasons #1 and #2 will always be there for as long as I stay in the IT sector.

So, if I can find a job where its duties are something that I usually do as hobbies, I think I will like that job.