Wednesday, July 20, 2005

CD Review - The 1st Complete Collection From Faye Wong

Maybe i'm really getting old - getting "collection series" CD of singers who no longer "active/as popular" anymore - this time is Faye Wong.

"The 1st Complete collection from Faye Wong - 情.菲.得意 " actually I don't like either the English or Chinese title - the English title is way too long (and too ordinary), same as the Chinese title - make one feels the manfacturer didn't put much "heart" on it at all (probably that's the truth). Anyway, back to the collection, it is a 3 CD + 1 DVD combination - being honest i never really watch the DVD whenever it came w/ the CD, but price wise of course it's a value buy. On top of that i don't really have a good collection of faye, so got it last Sat (the proper one of my Faye's is probably Faye's last concert's 2CDs). Out of the 3 CDs I personally like the 3rd one the best. (#5 & #10 are my favorite karaoke songs!) hahahaa

So for those who like Faye's, definately worth to get (I got it at Wan Chai for HKD98)

I still remember when Faye first sings (back then she's know as Wong Ching Man) I don't really like her songs "that much" - as a matter of fact I didn't really "pick up" her songs until... Purdue's time I think?! back in those days we don't have things like mp3 - and only buying CD online once in a while (and mainly Taiwanese/Mandarin songs - and costed like USD12 for 1!! back then!) *my gosh, now you can tell how OLD i'm!!!* hahahahahaha... I first refused to listen to Mandarin songs - until Jacky's "Love Letter". Faye's - I guess I really really like hers... probably after one of the road trips as it's the ONLY CD in the car that was allowed to be played again and again! hahahaha...

instead of feeling bored for listening the same CD for 4-5 hrs - i actually start liking her songs - it's like wine in some sense - u gotta really taste/listen to it.. (and for a long time) before you can really "taste" it....

I always believe music can bring back memories - the memory when you first listened to the songs - the mood, the atmosphere, the location, the ppl around you.... Listening to Faye's bring back the "old" feelings - but at the same time also make me feel glad that "it's over /just the past." Actually listening to old songs of hers bring me the peaceful feeling these days. :)

2 comments:

WittyBB said...

i saw this faye wong's CDs on Yesasia.com last night!

MagPie said...

You're right about music bringing back memories. Opposite to you, if it's a bad "old feeling" that it brings back, I try to avoid it. =P