Sunday, April 22, 2007

Last Trip - Tianjin...

Some of you may have noticed the # of posts i've posted in the last month has a sharp drop - well, one is b/c my notebook's space bar is DEAD and just tired of using the "full stop" in between *LOL*, and 2ndly is that i've decided to move on from current job - so brain is very "busy"....

it's not an easy decision. really not - from the PERSONAL point of view I guess. YES current company has a lot of POTENTIAL, but then maybe i'm really ruling by my heart (rather than head) - i decided to go. I don't know if it's a right or wrong decision.... but i think once i decided, don't think twice

Some times one just have to take chances, and just do it w/ no regret. In some sense i wanna challenge myself what's my tolerance bottom line - stupid you may say, w/ my career to risk over...

ANYWAY....

so here i'm on last biz trip - yep, after talking to vijay on the flight i realize i'm REALLY prepared for an exit... and here I'm in Tianjin

I lost count how many times i've been to Tianjin - maybe 4 or 5? but i've never really see the town... hmm.... too bad... but Maggie did show me some very VERY good place for food - Dumpling is SUPER! (north chinese style) both TASTE and price is GREAT... no one can beat!! that place also have some "Ching" style (the dynasty) and it's just GOOD....

of course, their chestnuts during winter time is good (still hot when Maggie gave me!)... I also remember one time Maggie got me some strawberry - and it's so FRESH and SO SWEET!

actually i feel sad to leave Maggie, she has been very very good to me. Not only a colleague, but REALLY a friend.

feel the same when talking to Pawan, Rajesh, and of course, Jai

ak just called earlier as well, i feel bad that the family drag him into this b/c of me... but then i told him the reason of taking a career 2 yrs back is for the education - so now i'm really no return ticket! i think it's good that i make this "sacrifice" - b/c i really wanna do my MBA deep down. I know i'm not going to make it in US - and i know i'm not going to make it FULL time - but now i've a chance which can "buffer" me more (of course i skip the salary is 2 yr ahead schedule when discussing w/ ak!)...

Anyway, i hope i didn't make a wrong choice, and that i can really work toward my dream - a post graduate education which can help and equip for a higher role....

6 comments:

CPMF14 said...

Go for it, it's worth taking a chance while you are still young. If you have doubt about your current position/career path, you will still have the same doubts a year from now, so why wait?

I made my big career decision back in 1993 and it was the chance I took which I believed was the second biggest turning point of my life.

My $0.02 in US currency.

CPMF14 said...

Advice for your dead space bar - do a copy and paste a "letter plus a trailing space" to your clipboard, and paste accordingly. It works for me but a bit cumbersome.

Jasper222 said...

hey wil, thanks for the advice.... as mentioned it's no "return ticket" now... haha XD

For that 2 cents, send you a debit note la kekekekeke

P.S. and for the dead space bar - it's HISTORY hahahahahahaha they fixed my computer by changing the keyboard :P

JC said...

congrats on your keyboard fix.

Anonymous said...

U have left your current job already, Jasper? I was thinking u may want to "riding on a cow while looking for a horse". This way it's less pressure on yourself.

WittyBB said...

Gratz on your new job and more $$$ :)
Enjoy the new challenges, I am certain you will learn something new in the next company. I have learning 'bit by bit' while maneuvering in departments of the my current company!