Monday, November 01, 2004

Halloween...

Although in HK there's still quite some ppl go out and "celebrate" this fun festival, yet I don't feel like the spirit anymore...

Suddenly flash back from some very old days tonite.. I still remember the days when I was in Boise, during Halloween night parents drive around their kids, with what they think "cute customs" (haha!) to go trick or treats... that was so fun .. (and yes, junky candies can last for MONTHS before ending up in the trash!) hahhaha

I can't remember what exactly I did for the first Halloween I "celebrated" in Boise... I just remember my host sister and brother held a Halloween party... memories faded so badly that I can only remember the event from the pictures I took that night. Chee, Jee, Hyeon and Diana was there... That was crazy, I sprayed too much red instant dyes on my hair that it took me like 3 shampoo cycles to get it off! hahahaha... crazy times...

and I remember we used to drive up to Table Rock to see the cities - the road used to be SO BAD that it's SO DANGEROUS to drive up there... and there was one time when Jee ran off the neighbor's mail box on the other side of the road when he backed up his car! hahahahahaaa.... our Fri/Sat. event, actually is EVERY WEEK, was to have some discount Albertson's chicken, and watch 70's/80's movies down in Diana's basement (and I watched all the Ranma's cartoon from the Hastings there!) haha... there's no internet/online back in those days yet I was still very happy and so easy in life... can just have my "walkman" and go hiking all sat long...

Life back then was so stress free... it was the good old days.... That's also why I look forward to go back to Boise next time... Ten years, no, actually it had been more than 10 years since I first land my feet on Boise's soil. To me Boise is such a special place - to me it hasn't change much, it's such a nice little town, with friendly ppl and MARVELOUS landscape went back there 2 yrs ago for my sis's graduation. I've spent my teenage years there... so many happy memories, filled with unforgettable experience - experience that made part of who I am today.

Although most of the ppl I know ain't there anymore... From time to time I wonder how Jee is doing - last time I heard from him was when he was still in Seattle, probably before he went back to Korea (or before I head to Purdue). He was always THE GUY of the group (well, he's the eldest among us) and for sure he's tough guy...

For Chee, she's now a Dr. in SG... she's so smart, and she's so determinate - she set her mind to becoming a Dr. even before high school graduated! Envy her for knowing what she wants in her life at such an early age. I need to catch up w/ her for what's going on lately by email, really...

and Hyeon... ha! that guy! XDDD has a mixed feeling with this guy... it's like you used to be so close w/ some ppl in certain part of your life but at the present stage you don't know about them anymore, which made you feel a bit of... "emptiness" in your life?? but at the same time you also know that if there's a chance in the future that you can meet up with the warm feeling will all come back.... and I truly appreciate the chance to meet him on the way back to HK four years ago - although that was really a short meeting (transit there only).... yet I was really impressed as it was like 6 am when I was there - and he said he was "escaped" from the military camp to come to the airport! hahaha! Although I kinda doubt he has the guts to do that but hey, at least he made the effort so that's good :) Anyhow, I think about a year ago he got marry and now continue his master (finished yet?) in Pittsburg. I haven't heard from him since he married...

of course, when it comes to my life in Boise Genny is someone I HAVE to mention... She's the one who taught me (and get me addicted!) to some REAL coffee! hahaha... my "parents" to "drove me around" to trick or treat during Halloween~~ oh thousands words ain't enough when it comes to Genny!! Still can't quiet believe my little angel girl is a mother of 2 now!

ANYWAY, Halloween has just passed, and it's Nov already and time to move on and not looking back!! But my first Halloween was really great :D






No comments: