Monday, November 15, 2004

So another year...

So another year has passed. I can't believe I'm ACTUALLY 27!

So many have changed through the years. I still remember I used to value this "special" day a lot a few years back. I wanted friends to gather with me, to celebrate for me, to have fun together. I would organize a big dinner, to have everybody with me, and share my favorite Baskin Robbin's birthday cake together, or sing karaoke until morning......
But I mean, as a matter of fact, I wanted this birthday to be quiet and simple, and just to have a home made dinner at home with mom. I like that peaceful moment, just like any other Sunday I have. Why bother? Having dinner with mom is actually something I treasure quite a bit, so why not? (besides, her dishes are REALLY the best!) and I did go out with friends, the night before, and although we didn't do much (even not as crazy as our usual gathering), having them there, with me, to so-called "celebrate" for me, that feeling is satisfying enough. I still have a couple of people whom I wanted to talk to, but, this is just like any other day in the year.
Birthday is just another day in the year. I do not understand why it takes me so long to realize it.

Oh, not to mention that I didn't even blow my birthday candles this year to make a wish. Let's see... I guess my wish for the coming year is... to have more chance to meet with friends from the pass and catch up some good old times, and knowing more new friends in life... hmm, I also want to pick up something in life that I can engage in, I mean, of course, other than taking care of mom, and, of course, my baby Elvin :)
I'm also very grateful so many still bother to say "happy birthday" to me - although they're just reminded by the IM, still, that's their effort it counts, so I'm still glad to get their messages :)

And I can just imagine the next thing of being 30! haha...

It is nice to have a peaceful day, a peaceful birthday.

P.S. Although I don't have my birthday cake this year, I do have Chinese style "Sau Bao (buns of long life)" :P

2 comments:

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angie said...

我意思係 Happy Birthday 喎﹗

小天使