Monday, January 30, 2006

True Love Never Runs Smooth~~

Today is the first day of the Chinese New Year - 2nd day of the 4-day long weekend. Well, only SLEPT SLEPT SLEPT on the first day of the holiday (last day of yr Roaster) - and today, mom went to Aunt's place to "celebrate the new yr" (count me out for those type of gathering!) ANYHOW, stayed home - and decided to "boil" Japanese Drama - one of the "activities" that many of us did back in long holiday during school time...

Actually found these VCDs while I was cleaning up my room earlier - went to Taipei w/ Yekini 2+ yrs ago and got a whole bunch of Japanese Dramas - actually watched these series a LONG TIME back (back in Purdue time), just never really own it during school days and just wanted to own it when i could afford.

I never really opened these boxes since I got them from Taipei - well, until now. Between Love Generation & Long Vacation I chose Love Generation...


Hmm.. let's put it this way - I actually didn't remember much about the story - only remember the series was VERY popular in HK when it first shown - esp. w/ that crystal apple, and the famous "love bridge" that still many couples takes honey moon picts at. It basically is a love story started between 2 employees of an ad office in Tokyo - Katagiri Teppei (Kimura Takuya / 木村拓哉) & Uesugi Riko (Matsu Takako /松隆子).

Story itself is very simple (and ha, the budget I believe is very low too!) but then, for some reason back then is just popular - ppl just "buy" the idea. I think I like it a lot more when I first watched it (more touching and stuffs?) but this time when I "re-watch" it - after so many yrs (8 yrs!!) - hmm, w/o remember ANY part of the story (except some in the last episode), I feel... well, I mean, okay, in some parts it's still touching... but not as "touching" as the first time I watched it - maybe b/c I know the ending? maybe I know what to expect?

or maybe I just know it's too "ideal" & just a fairy tale?

I'm not sure... I guess it's still nice to watch these ancient series once in a while - kept thinking Kimura Takuya is now a DAD, and what'd happened to Matsu Takako? am not too sure... oh, also reminds me the time when I was watching it at Vick's room @ Meredith... (now I wonder how in the world she can get the VCD SO QUICKLY after the release?!) hahahaha.. oh, and not to mention the time when I watched all these Japanese series at B10 Math Building (the only lab that open 24 hrs..)

I believe Japanese series never get as popular as these in the last few yrs... the audience market "occupied" by the Taiwanese/Korean series... but then, afterall, the theme songs just "burnt" in my "hard disc" - can hardly forget it :)

and maybe naive to believe their theme - "True Love Never Runs Smooth" :P


P.S. Still found a very GOOD link (not broken after all these yrs!) for Love Generation - in case anyone would like to know more of this series which first shown in Japan during 1997 Oct - Dec :)

No comments: