Monday, January 16, 2006

Hiking 2006 - Wilson trial

It has been a LONG time since I last stopped by... well, was quite busy at work since the new year... and just sooooo exhausted whenever i got home - and never really stop by...

oh well, it happens :P

AND i've been SO HEALTHY since the beginning of yr 2006! *ROFL* Well, let's see... never a SINGLE day got up later than 11 *don't misunderstood - it's NOT one of my NY's resolution - NEVER! hahaha) what else... oh, played badminton TWICE *thanks for wittybb booking the court loh* and then HIKING TODAY!!
As far as i can tell it has been MORE than TWO years since the last time i went hiking (yep, an "unforgettable" CHRISTMAS DAY HIKING @_@'') hahahahhaa..

ANYWAY, so today i went to hiking AGAIN with the "ASAT Alumni" *ROFL* After voting we've chosen Route 19

I think it should be okay as it said it's suitable for family. *HAHA* so 10 of us, got up SO EARLY ON A SUNDAY MORNING, got ready for THE HIKING - we first ride #6 and started off at the Wong Lai Chung Reservoir...


All WENT WELL for the 1st hr gae - the view over repulse bay is super... and the road is "okay no problem" - WELL, until we walked down a couple hundreds steps down to the valley... Instead of Route 19 - my dear friends decided all go to Stanley to have "tea"

*us at the green spot (and pointing to the final destination near Stanley*

I looked up the stairs.. and I was like "oh SHIT, i'm going to die"....

but then i think "okay, 1 hill... let's see what'd happend... worse is that i return w/ the same route (or DIE)" *so naive!*

I just CURSE ALL THE WAY when i was climbing those stairs... *my gosh - buddies, i really have to apologize for that...* :P

didn't take much picts taken after this - as i was TOO BUSY catching up my breath *ROFL* (I'll probably throw in more after i got the picts from the rest) Well, ANYWAY, it is actually very nice to be up there gae - just that it would be better if i stayed LONGER hahahahahaha


AND that's not it - Chinese has an old said "There's always another hill taller than the previous one" (1 Shan wan yau 1 shan go) - it's SO True - after I climbed that 1000+ stairs - there're TWO MORE HILLS AHEAD @_@'''

ANYWAY, I'll keep this short - as there's NO MORE Picts taken in between - I REALLY think i'd DIE *w/o enough oxygen when going up* OR DIE as i'd never be able to "walk down" (you won't believe!!!!! *geez*

ANYWAY AFTER TWO+ hrs of STRUGGLES I FINALLY reached the destination - and i feel SO BLESSED that i'm STILL ALIVE - I felt like i'd lost my feet as if they ain't mine anymore!! wakakkakakakakakakakakakaa... AND turn out later tonite Big 0 told me we've finished one of the "Strenuous" grade of Wilson trail V_V''


@_@''''''

oh well, at least i've done it, i guess :P Actually I feel REALLY blessed to have this group of "alumni" to hang out with - i feel so touched they'll "bring" me along - they should be able to finish the trial in less than 2 hrs but since i was there it took us ALMOST 3 hrs to finish today's hike! I would like to dedicate a special thanks to ALL OF THEM:

  • for waiting for me, and get bored while waiting for me at each chking pt - w/o actually any "gip-ping" me! *at least i didn't hear!* hahahhaah
  • for bringing the extra water, or i'd die of thirst :P
  • for taking up my jacket all along
  • for cheering me ALL ALONG with "Just think of the GOODIE TEA TIME at Stanley" hahahahaha
  • for taking the picts - as i can no longer be the cameraman for most of the trip!!
  • for keeping me company, brought & helped me to do something that i would NEVER accomplish myself!!
  • Last but not least, a special thanks to Captain - w/o Captain I'd REALLY STUCK in the middle of the hill (as i don't know how to walk down) @_@'' Captain had actually RISK his life of being CRUSHED if i ever fell! wakakakakakakakkakakakaka *and then we would probably REALLY need to call Ekin Cheng (the air rescue team)* hahahahaha... *and captain, i'll know what to do when it's ur turn to *dung dung dung dung* w/ Mrs. Captain ga la!! >=>

Today I'm physically very very tired - but spiritually feel very very fulfilled!!!!!

I already feel so blessed in 2006 :)

4 comments:

MagPie said...

Em, all of us were struggling too, maybe we curse less, don't be misled. hahaha....;P

MagPie said...

wait, the photo of the route you posted is in reverse route, we'll all died midway if we've gone reverse! btw, can you post the link of that site?

Jasper222 said...

Mag: hai ah, i think we'll ALL DIE if we do the reverse way - as this time we started out "high" (mid of Violet) and only go "uphill" once... if we start the other way around - "CERTIFIED" when we reached the valley... @_@;;

hahahahahahahaha

oh, forget to mention another "thanks" for keep telling me "we're there we're there... there's a LONG bench up here for rest" - even though we're not even half way XDDDD

wakakkakaa

WittyBB said...

sounds like year 2006 has been a special year so far !! keep up the exercise, jasper!