Monday, July 26, 2010

CRAZY Wine Tasting Wkend...

CRAZY Wine Tasting wkend with (myself) and Kim XDDDDDD kekekeke (also repost from Facebook la):


1. 2007 Apatsagi Tramini (Gewürztraminer) from Hungary


Review: Benchmark: M&S Gew
- Darker and not as clear as French
- Similar Viscosity (maybe a bit more viscous)
- Less aroma
- Drier(and a lot stronger alcoholic taste!)
- a lot stronger lychee after taste (which is good)
- price: $125 (vs $88)
- Comment: M&S still my favorite :)



2. 2007 Wiltinger Riesling (Trocken), Germany, Solar Fine Wine (Kowloon City)






- price: $198
- Comment: I never really like Riesling as I kept thinking it's usually very try, but turn out this German Riesling is very smooth, not sweet, but not dry either. A bit bitter and less aroma, this is an okay easy Riesling to me (although, not as easy as normal Gewürztraminer.) While I think this one is a bit overpriced, encourage me to maybe try Riesling after my round of Gewürztraminer study :)



3. 2007 Veldenzer Elisenberg, Riesling Kabinett - Watson's Wine



Benchmark: 2007 Wiltinger Riesling
- Color: Lighter
- Similar Viscosity (maybe Less viscous)
- A lot stronger aroma (both smell and taste, strong Plum aftertaste)
- Not as Dry
- price: $14x (vs $198)
- Comment: I like this one more, less in depth, yet very easy and similar "like" level as M&S gew! :)

(but probably this is not as good as the benchmark as it's less "depth") but i don't care, i like stronger sweeter taste wine for the moment! :DDDD

No comments: