Sunday, November 11, 2007

Annual Dinner - Bubba Gump (and Cheesecake Cafe)

ops, some old entries XD

===
so tonite (Nov 11) went to the annual dinner w/ my eating buddy - MY TURN to pick! *LOL*

know about this Bubba Gump restaurant during last visit of the Peak w/ Ceci & Andy - and many of you might have know Forrest Gump is my all-time-favorite - so this yr i just wanna chk this out :D

Hmm.. well, i forgot my camera so i didn't take much picts - the rest. decoration are just awesome - as forrest quotes is everywhere - and they've funny signs everywhere like "Run Forrest Run", or "Stop Forrest Stop" (to stop the server for assistance)

Let's dig in what we've ordered... well, we've ordered Cajun Shrimp as appetizer, the sauce taste good but think would taste a lot better if the food is HOT instead of just temperature warm! then we'd caesar salad (so-so)... for entree we ordered shrimp scapmi and shrimp linguine - my shrimp scapmi taste good but the portion is just a bit too big! :P haha I'll give 5/5 for my drink though - "Jenny's favorite" - it's actually quite refreshing as i didn't expect the taste to be anything special (it's strawberries, cranberry juice, and raspberry non-fat yogurt)


me w/ my food! *LOL* and the garlic bread is nice too! :D

although we're sooooooo stuffed we still ordered desert - chocolate chip cookie sundae! (alright, this is taken when we're almost done wakakakkakaka)



Service level - I'll only give a 3/5, $ wise i think it's 3/5 (at the Peak of course expensive ga la). i didn't ask them to sing a birthday song for me as i heard 3 times during the time i was waiting for eating buddy loh (hahaha, huge line at the Peak Tram woh). We did walk around the peak after the dinner - nite was spectacular (very clear sky!) but it was a bit chilly so didin't stay too long...

took the tram back down to admiralty (it's super crowded!) i had a great time and feel very grateful eating budding squeeze out his busy schedule and celebrate for me. :)

P.S. i can't believe they now charge ppl $20 to go out the roof of the Peak building to see the view! it used to be FREE! $%^&^%$#@

P.P.S. went to Megabox Cheesecake Cafe for eating buddy's birthday - food is alright... cheesecake is fabulous - and i couldn't finish my linguine so gotta take home :D

1 comment:

CW said...

gal, happy for you ... you had a eventful week! btw, A&E was showing "Forrest Gump" on Saturday night and I watched 15 minutes (the time he was in college playing football) too. A good movie (classic?!) to me.