Tuesday, April 19, 2005

VOMIT....

you see, interesting thing is that at one point in life you would be so fond on some cultural cuisine, "complaining" that you don't get one decent & traditional one nearby... Yet once when you've too much in a short time, I mean TOO much in a SHORT time - you're, just like how they said in the Indian way, "Done & finished" (shaking your head while you're saying it)

*sigh*

See, what'd happened is that I USED to LOVE Indian food... I love the special spices they've in each dish, the different style of each region (my personal favorite is south Indian - a bit creamy & non-spicy). I used to have Indian food once in a while with friends.

I should say - before my last trip to Africa - after 2 wks of continuous Indian food.

@_@;;;

You see, I believe most Chinese will find Indian food is either 1) too spicy, 2) too spices (too many spices) & 3) too rich, ESPECIALLY when you've to have it like every meals. Gosh, I can just remember I NEVER EVER step inside a single Indian Rest since last trip in Aug 2004 - whenever I get a chance. It was THAT bad...

& now, after almost 9 months since then, I THOUGHT somehow I had get over it... but NO! I was wrong!! Even NOW when I'm writing this I feel like VOMITING *I DID vomit earlier tonight* the thing is they're so rich that now my stomach is REALLY UPSET - & some spices is sooo strong I almost DIE when I taste it (but couldn't throw up in front of the host)!

I believe it's also a psychological thing...

=6

You know, traditionally Indians will ask you to go to their home to show their warm hospitality - to welcome you & treat you as a friend. It is actually very precious that someone from India ask you to go to his/her home to have a home-made dinner. BUT the thing is, day 1 Mr. A the dept manager will welcome you from HK, Day 2 Mr. B from sales team will treat a colleague ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way from HK, and Day 3 Mr. C suggested that when you're on the ghost road & stuck in traffic there's a nice Indian fast food/snack bar around the corner... & Customer D also want to show you the BEST Indian restaurant in town.................

the base line is I think to show some respect you should appreciate the food w/ good heart... I do, in a way, & very grateful for such arrangement & acceptance w/in the community... I really do... BUT my body just can't take it anymore..........

WHEN CAN I ESCAPE FROM THESE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? *or is there any anti-upset-stomach" medicine for "Indian food allergy"???

=66

April 19 - 00:55 - Abuja - Nigeria

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know your feeling because I am sick of 出前一丁 now. I ate too much when I am a child. :>
Good luck and hope u can have a chinese meat or even western one very very soon

Jasper222 said...

As a matter of fact I behave SO BAD that I was like a CHILD and they "comfort" me by giving me THREE chinese Meals!

I actually felt bad to make them eat Chinese food as well... ACTUALLY, i don't think I'll like Nigerian food - too "pepper", but I don't mind Lebanese :) (& I don't think there's that much "western" food available except the omelette in the morning - at least not around the area I was in)